Friday, January 11, 2013

Dalliance

During the hustle and bustle of this last season, I came across a little gem that I want to share with ya'll. It is Dalliance from Lake County in Healdsburg, CA. It came to my attention because of the amount of people that were asking about red blends. Especially Zinfandel based blends. What caught my eye about this one is that has six different grapes in the blend. Zin, Syrah, Tempranillo, Barbera, Cabernet and Grenache. It is just unique enough that I really hadn't seen this before.

The characteristics are absolutely amazing! Amazing blackberry fruit is accompanied by nice vanilla oak in smell while ripe cherry, cinnamon spice and oak play in the mouth.

Sneaking in under $14 here in town makes a wonderful everyday style wine.

Pair this one off with a nice steak dinner or kick back after work with a glass to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment