Thursday, April 18, 2013

La Flor Malbec Rose

I have been looking at the stock that is in the store and have been contemplating what would be something different and not a norm for what people have been asking me for.

Being that we are going into the infamous Texas summer, I thought I would show ya'll a Rose. Now, before you totally shut down on me, this isn't what you might think it is. Contrary to what we are used to in White Zinfandels and the likes, true Roses are dry...like their reds are. If you don't know, Roses are generally red grape varietals that have less skin contact then their respective red versions. It is the contact which gives it color, amongst other characteristics like structure from the tannins that are in the skin.

Now, I have found a Rose Malbec from Argentina that I think is a good introductory Rose, especially if you are like me and are a red wine drinker. La Flor Rose Malbec is perfect for those who still seek a fuller bodied wine but are interested in trying something new. Right up front on the nose and in the mouth, there is a burst of red and dark fruit but still holds nice structure and feel. It is a darker Rose which tell me that it does have longer skin contact which is told by the mouth feel.

This is definitely a wine that not only holds to easy comfort and bar food, but it will still hold nicely to a steak as well, remember it is still a malbec.

At under $14, it is definitely a wine that is worth experimenting with or enjoying over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment